I was born in Byske, north of Sweden 1977. In the fall of 1997 I moved to Sundsvall to embark my university studies in Computer Science. By 2001 I had completed most of my courses but I did not find any motivating subject for my Thesis so I decided to postpone it. During my studies I spent most of my spare time to develop interesting software. Out of curiosity I published the creations on the Internet and it turned out that people were actually using it. So in 1998 I started a company which I have been working with since. My enthusiasm and fascination for Artificial Intelligence increased over the years and my choice of Thesis was by the end of 2004 simple.
Some of my projects
uclassify.com – Free text classification service. Allows users to train their own classifiers and use in web applications. This is a result from my big passion in AI.
playchilla.com – Games and related material I produce for fun.
codeode.com – Free Windows applications, Privacy Mantra, Cactus Spam Filter among other.
urlai.com – Runs blogs through a bunch of classifiers and presents pie charts as indicators. Right now it uses Gender, Age, Mood, Tonality classifier. More to be added.
typealyzer.com -Can classify a text for it’s MBTI type, uses uclassify.com.
genderanalyzer.com – Runs a blog through a gender classifier.
ageanalyzer.com – Runs a blog through an age classifier.
ofaust.com -Runs a text against a bunch of famous writers and find the one with the most similarity.
Stock prediction – Using uClassify to predict stocks. Interesting problem.
Digit recognition – Using uClassify to recognize digits, testing with a hierarchical Bayesian approach.
- 1997-2005 M.Sc. in Computer Science from Mid Sweden University, Sundsvall, Sweden.
- 1993-1995, 1996-1997 Upper Secondary School, Natural Sciences, profiling in Computer Orientation and Electronics, Skellefteå, Sweden.
- 1995-1996 Hugh Christie Technology Collage, Profiling in Maths, Computers, Physics and Mechanics, Tonbridge, Kent, UK.
- J. Kågström, Improving Naïve Bayesian Spam Filtering, Mid Sweden University, Sundsvall, August 2005. [pdf]
- 1998-now codeode.com – own company with focus on security applications and lately machine learning approaches for spam filtering.
- 2006-2008 EA Digital Illusions – AI programmer on Battlefield Bad Company.
- 2008-now uclassify.com own company with big focus on text classification!
- 2009-2012 King.com – game developer, flash and mobile.
- 2012- mojang.com – game developer
- Strong programming skills: C/C++, AS3
- Moderate programming skills: C#, Java, PHP, 8088 assembler, Visual Basic, Pascal, HTML, SQL
- Fluent languages: Swedish, English
- Interests: Computers, AI and climbing